This is the next in a series of blog posts where we show you how to do some common things in Excel - and spreadsheets - by providing downloadable examples.
The file included in this blog post covers working with text in Excel and shows ho to:
- Use Excel to join two names, with a space in between
- Use Excel to split a name in two, given a space between the two names
- Get the middle part of three part name using Excel
- Use Excel to capitalise the first letter of multiple words
- Use Excel to capitalise all letters of multiple words
- Use Exce to make all letters of multiple words small
- Use Excel to replace a word
- Use excel to remove a word
- Use Excel to remove excess spaces from a series of words
The provided formulas be edited for your purposes, but they do work as-is and should help you understand how to work with text in Excel.