- Why Android Is Winning The Tablet Wars
- Android tablets took the lead from Apple iOS tablets in Q1 of 2013.
- There are three broad reasons for this: Tablets are more than consuming music and video (where Apple have a strangle hold); Android has matured to be full-featured and slick; The rise of Samsung
- iWatch May Not Launch Until the Second Half of 2014
- Kuo also believes that biometrics will play a large part in the iWatch, allowing for increased security, and also opening the door for health-related applications
- PS TAKE: Wearable tech is the next hot thing
- Almost Flat: The Future of iOS Design?
- ‘Completely flat’, ‘like Android’, ‘Microsoft-flat’ etc., etc., etc. The talk about how Apple are going to ‘flatten out’ their UI style has set the rumour-mills ablaze with completely spurious conjecture.
- PS TAKE: This impacts the kind of icons you might want to use with your apps
Coming to terms
- BYOD - Bring your own device
- Means the policy of permitting employees to bring personally owned mobile devices (laptops, tablets, and smart phones) to their workplace and use those devices to access privileged company information and applications. Compare this to times past where employees were limited to company-provided phones and laptops
And finally ...
- 14-Year-Old Discovers iPad Smart Cover Magnets Can Shut Off Implanted Defibrillators
- A fourteen-year-old has discovered that the tiny magnets inside the iPad can inadvertently shut off implanted defibrillators if the device is left on the chest, such as might happen if the user falls asleep with the iPad lying on them.